The NSWRL is pleased to announce the 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW Team of the Year (TOTY), which includes a combined total of seven players from the Newtown Jets and Wentworthville Magpies, involved in the Grand Final at Bankwest Stadium today (September 28).
The Canterbury Cup NSW TOTY is chosen by expert media commentators and nswrl.com.au staff and recognises the most consistent players from the state’s premier competition (see criteria below).
The Jets, who finished the season in seventh position and claimed the 2019 Canterbury Cup NSW premiership with a 20-15 win over Wentworthville Magpies, are represented by Grand Final Man of the Match William Kennedy, lock Billy Magoulias and replacements Jaimin Jolliffe and Scott Sorensen.
Other players in the TOTY include South Sydney captain Billy Brittain, who was named Canterbury Cup NSW Player of the Year at the Brad Fittler Medal Awards night.
Minor Premier St George Illawarra Dragons, who missed out on the Grand Final after losing to the Jets in a Preliminary Final, were also well represented with four players – centre Tristan Sailor, halfback Adam Clune, prop Lachlan Timm and backrower Jackson Ford.
Canterbury Cup NSW Team of the Year
1. William Kennedy (Newtown Jets)
2. Mawene Hiroti (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
3. Morgan Harper (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
4. Tristan Sailor (St George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Greg Leleisiuao (Wentworthville Magpies)
6. Connor Tracey (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
7. Adam Clune (St George Illawarra Dragons)
8. Lachlan Timm (St George Illawarra Dragons)
9. Billy Brittain (South Sydney Rabbitohs) (c)
10. Max Bailey (North Sydney Bears)
11. Jackson Ford (St George Illawarra Dragons)
12. William Burns (Penrith Panthers)
13. Billy Magoulias (Newtown Jets)
14. Rhys Davies (Wentworthville Magpies)
15. Jaimin Jolliffe (Newtown Jets)
16. Tim Mannah (Wentworthville Magpies)
17. Scott Sorenson (Newtown Jets)
Coach: Rip Taylor (Wentworthville Magpies)