Develop and build a foundation for the success of Women’s Rugby League – the Women’s game has taken off and will continue to grow. The Bears are working hard to develop a true pathway for female participation from grassroots all the way up to the NRLW, via the North Sydney Bears.
Foundation Project aims:
- Develop a true pathway for female rugby league players to the NRLW, via the North Sydney Bears.
- Establish a North Sydney Bears Tarsha Gale Cup team (U18s Representative team) in 2021
- Work towards the establishment of a North Sydney Bears Lisa Fiola Cup team (U16s Representative team) in 2022
- Contribute to the operational management of the Female teams:
- Coaching & training staff
- High performance facility and equipment access
- Game and training venue hire
- Uniforms, Medical equipment and nutrition
- Education and wellbeing programs
- Sports conditioning management
- Provide support within the local community via Foundation Ambassadors.
- Ensure that the program of women’s rugby league development is well funded to reduce the financial cost on players and their families, thus ensuring selection is based on player ability and not ability to pay.
It is time for us to stand together and build a club for the future. A club that draws on 112 years of proud heritage, a club that champions the equality of women in rugby league and a club that thrives on the success of our very own talented junior league players, both male and female.
The future can be bigger and brighter for us with your help. Every donation counts, no matter how small!