Last Saturday, the NSWRL Junior Representative competitions kicked off and all three of our teams went up against the Newcastle Knights. Our inaugural Tarsha Gale Cup (U19s Females) team was first up and the cheer as these young women ran out on to the field for the first was amazing. The girls managed to calm the nervous and channel the Bear and although the Knights got the first points on the board with two early tries our girls quickly recouped with Chloe Jackson scoring the first try for the team in the 20th minute and Sienna Williams converting. Gloria Kaati followed her over the white line and took the team to the sheds at half time up 10 – 8. Again the Knights were first to nab the points in the second half but some pace and team work saw Lara George add 4 points for the Red & Black. Our girls held their own and displayed great defensive tactics while the knights charged on. Unfortunately the Knights team were stronger on the day and took the win in the last 5 minutes, ending at 24 – 14. All-in-all we as a club, and the girls as a team, were extremely proud of the effort they gave and we cannot wait to see them run out again this Saturday. We caught up with co-captains Chloe Jackson and Sienna Williams at training last night, click on the above to hear directly from them what their first representative game day experience was like.

Our Harold Matthews Cup (U17s) boys put on a great show of strength and walked away with a good win over the Knights. The score was only 0 – 4 at half time with Bears player Apiianga Manu the only try scorer. Head Coach Paul Mamo gave an inspiring speech in the sheds and our boys came out with a level head to get the job done. Bears grabbed the next two tries with both Malakye Enasio and Marshall Le Maitre finding their way across the white line and Joseph Dillon converted both. The Knights fought back with two late tries, converting one but Apiianga Manu secured the win with the final 4 points taking the final result to 22 – 10.

Our SG Ball Cup (U19s Males) went up against an extremely strong Newcastle Knights team for their first game of the season and although the score line blew out the boys played a solid game. The first 25 minutes were scoreless as each team held their own and tried to storm towards the try line. As the boys headed to the sheds, they were down 10 – 0. Unfortunately the Knights came out very strong at the second half and rolled through consecutive tries with our boys unable to recover against the steam roller coming at them. The final whistle blew at 44 – 0. Keep your head high boys, next week is a new game.

Good luck to all teams this Saturday!