Tradition. Pride. Thrive
As we approach our first home game at our spiritual North Sydney Oval this Sunday against the Bulldogs we celebrate Old Bears Day. I would like to thank all members and corporate partners for your commitment to the North Sydney Bears in season 2019. As some of you may be aware we have made some significant changes in the off season that we believe are in the interests of improving our club performance on and off the field. We are excited to welcome back a club legend in Jason Taylor as our Head Coach. Adding someone with such extensive experience both as a player and a coach and someone who bleeds red and black will be a great benefit to the club and our players. We have formalised a strategic improvement plan so all departments of the club and the Board know what our vision and plan is, it is also to ensure we are measurable and accountable to this. This contains the whole clubs’ objectives which includes our five teams as well as support for our junior league and pathway programs.
Some of the key areas of focus we have highlighted from the off season review are:
- Our Pathway Programs and Partners
- Club recruitment and retention
- Financial sustainability including all of our commercial programs
- Enhanced Community programs and focus on player well-being and education
- How we can improve our key stakeholder relationships (Norths Group, Members, Corporate Partners, Old Bears Program, Junior League)
- Club events and North Sydney Oval Game Day experience
Whilst change can create uncertainty we ask all our fans and stakeholders to be patient and support the club in the best way possible by attending North Sydney Oval as regularly as you can. Please support the club events and be part of our community to improve our culture. We require a united mindset and to be supporting the same outcomes, one of these is to see the Mighty Red and Black succeed on field.
See you at Bear Park shortly!